Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> writes:

> message to its intended target is a hard thing. How about having 'text
> ads' on the pages of the Debian site that showcase a 'request for help'
> or similar?

I don't like ads.  Ads are annoying.  That doesn't mean they don't
work.  If I need some information I usually know where to look for it
(for information that is conveyed in an ad anyway).

An innocent potential helper will probably start at www.d.o and find
the "Help Debian" link.  Following that whould lead to all information
needed.  The next thing one might try is the "Developers Corner"

If help requests are not accessible through those channels chances are
slim that they will be noticed by the target audience. IMHO

Matthias