Re: /foo has been mounted xx times... check forced

Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:29:46 +0900
> Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> wrote:
> >
> > how about a "I'm in a hurry" boot option in GRUB, which would make the
> > e2fscks skipped ?
>
> Too early. You might not know that a check is due.

Perfect time: you already know you are in a hurry. It could be possible
to use other tricks to shorten the boot cycle. I can't think of any at
the moment, but that does not mean that they don't exist.

Does XFS require fscks? Reiserfs does not. Maybe it is time to ditch
ext3.

--
John H. Robinson, IV          jaqque@sbih.org (because @debian.org fails)
                                                                 http  ((((