Re: Handling of (inactive) Debian Accounts

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:11:30 +0100, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> said:

> Le jeudi 15 février 2007 à 11:01 -0600, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
>> So what is your oh-so-elegant solution to the MIA account problem?
>> Or do you just specialize in bad-mouthing any solution other people
>> come up with? I have looked at the last doze or so posts you've
>> made to the lists that I read, and most of them are just negative
>> whinges. Is there a point to any of this, or are you just
>> interested in sucking the fun out of Debian as fast as you can?

> It's because he didn't pass NM with you as AM. By repackaging stuff
> without debhelper, he would have learned how "fun" Debian can be.

        Do you really think snide remarks and sarcasm are improving
 the atmosphere in the mailing lists?  That this unending miasma of
 negativity we are currently indulging in solves anything?  Indeed,
 the bitterness this leaves behind makes it harder for different teams
 to work together, or communicate, which you seem to decry.

        One of the reasons communications falter is because exchanges
 like this mean that people are no longer just friends who have
 gotten together to create Debian; and exchanging emails with someone
 who waxed sarcastic at your expense is not fun, and gets shelved in
 and something fun gets done instead.

        manoj
--
Enjoy your life; be pleasant and gay, like the birds in May.