Re: P3 capabilities (was dselect memory use)

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 08:58:11AM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:

> P3 server machines can easily handle more RAM, I've had P3 servers with 1G and
> 2G before.  But desktops are limited (desktop and server versions of the P3
> CPU have significant differences among other things).

What differences are those?  I thought all processors labeled as P-III
were functionally the same (excepting differences between cores).  Now,
I do know that there are differences between the P-III chips and the
P-III-based Xeon chips.  But even then, the biggest difference in how
much RAM a particular machine supports has to do with the motherboard
chipset.

Regards,

-Roberto

--