Re: Upgrade Experiences (27 Sarges -> Etch, and counting)

On Monday 05 February 2007 17.23:28 Maarten Verwijs wrote:
> I took the plunge and upgraded about half of the Lab here to Etch.
> This is about 27 machines to date, catering almost the same amount of
> users.

Hi,

Manually?  I'd just like to point out that for 27 machines, setting up a fai
server is definitely worth the effort!  Painless re-installs, and moving
our fai setup from sarge to etch (including LDAP auth, NFS homes and some
local specialties) cost me less than 2 days.

(Of course, if you really upgraded these machines manually, the RMs and many
others are grateful for the testing :-)

cheers
-- vbi

--