Re: Handling of (inactive) Debian Accounts

Hi,

On Sat Feb 10, 2007 at 11:57:14 +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 02:34:39AM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > as Debian gets more and more accounts it is only natural that we have
> > more and more unused accounts. People get MIA, find different interests
> > or simply lost interest in Debian but did not follow the normal
> > procedure of retiring.[1]
>
>   I wholeheartedly welcome that decision !
>
> > To get into the Emeritus state you voluntarily retire from the project,
> > following [1] or by replying to a WaT mail.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > People in this stage can get their DD status back with a reduced NM
> > process.
>
>   What is a "reduced" NM process exactly ? Is that just a matter of
> saying "hey I'm kicking and alive" ? Will the account reactivation
> immediate ? Or would it suffer from the same delays as NM ?
>
>   I mean, I'm sure many DD's fear the Emeritus state because they just
> fear the length and complexity of getting their account back.

IIRC they do not need to answer any question like a NM needs to do, but
rather a very selected count of questions like eg. "What is frozen" and
so on. There might be a coule of things that changed since they retired
from the project.

Greetings
Martin

--