How many packages in Sid should reach Etch?

Hi,

The useful bjorn,haxx.se/debian lists nearly 2000 packages trying to
enter Testing which keeps on growing these days due to manual hinting
of course. By I actually wonder if the release team is able to keep
up. I know there's certain kinds of packages never meant to reach
Testing, but is there an automated way of determining exactly how many
packages are actually intended to reach Etch?

A more silly and related question:
If the 100 RC bugs were suddenly fixed and d-i were released tomorrow,
would the dozens of non-RC hint requests (translations, important
bugs) be ignored and Etch be released anyways?