Re: RFC: use readable $(cmd) syntax instead of unreadable `cmd`

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 07:26:21PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > I'm askinf if it is ok to to reopen such bugs based of better QA
> > aspects. Possibly by providing patches if the maintainer is busy
> > elsewhere to handle such a "minor issue" from his perspective.
> No, it's not. Even if a patch is provided, handling a bug is a time
> consuming activity (*horribly* time consuming if the patch is for
> upstream code).
> If you really think this crusade is worth being pursued then I suggest
> you just mail patches to Debian maintainers for original scripts and to
> the upstream maintainers for the rest.

I agree.  And I would add that this is not a bug (not a defect, etc) at
all.  It is perfectly valid syntax.  If you're going to open up bugs on
this, then you might as well file a bug against the kernel for not
indenting like GNU does, against libc for not indenting like Linus does,
and against gnome for not indenting like either of them do.

-- John