Re: Upgrade Experiences (27 Sarges -> Etch, and counting)

Maarten Verwijs wrote:
There are 2 things that require me to do some manual labour: * Opera. If opera is installed, upgrading from XFree86 to Xorg fails. Xorg
	wants to remove a folder that Opera still has a symlink in. No biggy:
remove opera prior to upgrading. Luckily for Debian, this is not their problem: it's Opera's.
I'd forgotten about that migration and how painful it was. Opera is certainly not the only package which might cause problems here. It would be nice if this transition would be a bit more resistant to packages that can't be internally fixed to avoid that path.

--
Jon Dowland