Re: Debian in Sanger (Re: update on binary upload restrictions)

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Tim Cutts wrote:

What I'd actually like is some sort of non-root packaging system so
that users could build software with decent dependency checking for
their shared software infrastructure.   Can dpkg be cajoled into
doing that?

I've heard about "click" (or "klick") which can be used on Knoppixish
live CDs and perhaps something else.  Never tested it because I have
my personal opinion about such stuff, but perhaps it is worth
investigating into this direction.  Also LinSpire is doing something
like that if I'm not misleaded and I have rumors that they opened
the system.

Just two vague ideas

         Andreas.

--