Re: Common package mail header field

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> Debian's various development and project support systems send out various
> notifications when things happen to packages. I wonder if a common header
> field identifying the package in question (and perhaps one containing the
> version) could be agreed on? For example "X-Debian-Package-Name"
> and "X-Debian-Package-Version".
>
> Some examples of how things look like right now:
>
> Bugtracker: header field X-Debian-PR-Package

For debbugs, there's no point to a Version field, so won't ever have
one; I've no real objection besides laziness and the ugliness of
having duplicate names to adding another field like X-Debian-Package.
However, considering that it's fairly trivial to just account for the
different forms of doing this in anything that needs to parse these
different mails, I'm not sure it's worth the bother.

[And also, I'm not sure if there's any reason for testing watch not to
use X-Debian-PR-Package: and/or X-Debian-PR-Package-Version:; dak I
suppose could do the same.]

Don Armstrong

--
Frankly, if ignoring inane opinions and noisy people and not flaming
them to crisp is bad behaviour, I have not yet achieved a state of