Re: Which spell checkers to include by default?

[Teemu Likonen]
> I think the question of default spell-checker is more practical than
> technical; it has to be considered from supported languages' point
> of view.

I agree, but I believe all are fairly equivalent there.  At least I
know that for the simple languages like Norwegian Bokmål and Nynorsk,
it is fairly simple to generate a spell check data file for ispell,
aspell, myspell and hunspell from the same data source.  See the
norwegian debian package for the setup.

So I expect other languages to do the same, but have not checked.  We
need to work to assure that the set of languages supported by the
default and recommended spell checker is as good or better than with
ispell when we switch.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen