Re: Please test sysvinit package from experimental

Hi Petter,

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> The last few days I have made an effort to fix a few bugs in the boot
> system.  The changes need some testing, as I do not have all the
> affected hardware to test on.  I've tested the changes in qemu, but
> that do not test some of the changes, like the part that avoid fsck
> when a laptop is running on battery.

You can override this test in /etc/default/rcS

on_ac_power()
{
    return 0
}

I do so for PowerPC:
on_ac_power()
{
    [ "$(sed -n '/AC Power/{s/.*: //;p;}' /proc/pmu/info)" -ne 1 ]
}

> Please test, and report to BTS if there are any new problems.

I've installed it and have no problems, but I did reboot only one time.

Bye, Jörg.
--
“…anytime you install something new on the Windows platform, you risk
spending the next five or six hours trying to figure out what happened”