Re: Please test sysvinit package from experimental

Hi Petter,

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> The last few days I have made an effort to fix a few bugs in the boot
> system.  The changes need some testing, as I do not have all the
> affected hardware to test on.  I've tested the changes in qemu, but
> that do not test some of the changes, like the part that avoid fsck
> when a laptop is running on battery.

You can override this test in /etc/default/rcS

    return 0

I do so for PowerPC:
    [ "$(sed -n '/AC Power/{s/.*: //;p;}' /proc/pmu/info)" -ne 1 ]

> Please test, and report to BTS if there are any new problems.

I've installed it and have no problems, but I did reboot only one time.

Bye, Jörg.
“…anytime you install something new on the Windows platform, you risk
spending the next five or six hours trying to figure out what happened”
            (Robert Roblin, Adobe)