Re: CoverCD Agreement - Linux+ magazine

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 10:41:59AM +0100, Katarzyna Kaczor wrote:
> I would like to feature  Debian 4.0 distro on Linux+dvd. Do you mind if we
> re-distribute your Software with our publication?

As long as you comply with its licensing terms (essentially, either
provide source directly on the DVD, or include a written offer to
provide source at cost; see http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/legal),
then we're more than happy for you to redistribute Debian; in fact, you
don't need our permission to do so.

> Could we also use your product logo and graphics?

You may use the Debian Open Use Logo:

  http://www.debian.org/logos/

There are certain conditions under which you may use the Official logo
(basically if you're distributing verbatim copies of the CD or DVD
images that we ourselves distribute as stable releases), but the Open
logo might be more recognisable as Debian anyway so you may not want to
worry about this. :-)

> Could you give me the access to download itvia FTP.

Links are on our web site:

  http://www.debian.org/CD/

> Also, I would like to ask you for sending me a CoverCD Agreement.
> Could you help me in this matter?

What does a cover CD agreement involve? Bear in mind that we are not a
company with an established legal department, but an association of
volunteers.

Cheers,