Re: ITP: crunchy -- Delivers html-written python tutorials in a browser window, adding interactive elements

On Dec 5, 2007 5:51 PM, Hendrik Sattler <post@hendrik-sattler.de> wrote:
> >   Description     : Delivers html-written python tutorials in a browser
> > window, adding interactive elements
>
> too long

Yeah yeah, 60 chars, I know, It's just temporary, to be fixed /
improved / rewritten.
Just like the following paragraph is a copy paste from their website... to be
reformatted / etc.

> That says what it does but not what it is. What kind of application?(no l
> "Delivers [...] inside a browser window" doesn't make any sense to me. Does it
> generate HTML formatted output files or is it a webserver or a browser plugin
> or...?
To answer your question, it takes any python tutorial with code in a <pre> tag
and replaces it with appropriate javascript, and permits you to modify it on the
page, and test it as you go, similar to the W3C's CSS school[1]....
So, it generates
HTML formatted output files.  It also acts as a web server and is
usually started
manually, instead of as a daemon. It has three security levels, the
default being
rather secure..... For more info, download the tarball,
'cd crunchy/ && python crunchy.py' :o)

> HS

Hope this answers your questions,
Ryan