Re: Parallel build results

On Monday 03 December 2007 05:11:35 am Tim Cutts wrote:
> Well, am-utils lists as building broken packages, but when I looked at
> the log, it was just that the parallel build had produced the multiple
> binary packages in a different order from the serial build.  At least,
> that's my interpretation of the following from debdiff:
>
> Files moved or copied from at least TWO packages or to at least TWO
> packages
>- -rw-r--r--  root/root   DEBIAN/control
>  From packages: am-utils-doc, am-utils, libamu4, libamu-dev
> To packages: am-utils-doc, libamu4, libamu-dev, am-utils
> -rw-r--r--  root/root   DEBIAN/md5sums
>  From packages: am-utils-doc, am-utils, libamu4, libamu-dev
> To packages: am-utils-doc, libamu4, libamu-dev, am-utils
> -rwxr-xr-x  root/root   DEBIAN/postinst
>  From packages: am-utils-doc, am-utils, libamu4
> To packages: am-utils-doc, libamu4, am-utils
> -rwxr-xr-x  root/root   DEBIAN/postrm
>  From packages: am-utils, libamu4
> To packages: libamu4, am-utils
>
> Or does that mean something more basic that's wrong with the packages?

The relevant difference is actually:

Control files of package am-utils: lines which differ (wdiff format)
Depends: libamu4 (= 6.1.5-7), portmap, {+libamu4,+} libc6 (>= 2.6.1-1),
libgdbm3, libhesiod0, libldap2 (>= 2.1.17-1), libwrap0, perl, debconf (>=
1.2.0), ucf, debianutils (>= 1.6)

So the Depends line got changed in the parallel build.
--
Daniel Schepler