Re: net-tools maintenance status

Bernd Eckenfels <be-mail2007@lina.inka.de> writes:

> On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 12:52:41PM +0100, Guus Sliepen wrote:
>> Hm, looks bad indeed. I'll try to see if Bernd Eckenfels is still alive
>> but if I can't reach him in a week I'll adopt the package.
>
> Sure I am alive.

And... active?

Would you care to share your plans for net-tools for the next month,
for Lenny, and beyond?

Would you be willing to let guus and Olaf co-maintain the package, or
take it over completely?

There are quite a lot of issues with net-tools, and this is not the
first time Olaf has asked you what is happening.  Please could you
show the simple courtesy of actually addressing his concerns, rather
than ignoring them, which is pretty rude.  You have not made an upload
in nearly two years.  People clearly have problems with it, and it
would be great to know what you are intending to do to rectify them.

IMO guus and Olaf would be completely justified in hijacking it and
co-maintaining it themselves (and for the record, I would be willing
to review and sponsor uploads if needed).

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh