Re: About dpkg-shlibdeps checks

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007, David Moreno Garza wrote:
> After my last attempts to rebuild the archive (using rebuildd) on
> powerpc, I've faced that given this, lots of packages now FTBFS.

I know, and I expect most of them to not happen any more with dpkg
1.14.11.

In any case, I've asked Lucas to do a full rebuild (which he will do on
Monday) so that we have a more accurate vision of the problem.

> So, how should we expect buildds to behave after this change? Should all
> of these FTBFSs be filed on the BTS?

I suggest we wait until I have the results of Lucas, then I'll look over
the failures and check if there are more cases that should be ignored.

(This precise thread has been seeking for more exceptions but nobody ever
suggested any)

I found a new possible exception which is do not fail if I don't find a
NEEDED library which is not versionned (on the assumption that it's a
private lib and that we won't miss a dependency because of this). This
means however that in that particular case symbols checking can't be done
for the binary being analyzed.

If you have failures with dpkg 1.14.11, feel free to point me at them

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog