Re: What to do when the LaTeX sources are missing, but an XML equivalent was rewritten from scratch ?

* Norbert Preining:

> What if upstream ships a pdf AND the source, but the generation of the
> pdf relies on not-available fonts.
>
> I would still ship this pdf into my Debian package out of the following
> reasons:

The embedded fonts are still restricted, so it has to go into non-free
(perhaps contrib is possible, too, but I don't think it applies when the
package is a derivative work of something that fails the DFSG, instead
of merely requiring it for building).