Bug#451555: ITP: libnetx-java -- An open-source JNLP client
Owner: Varun Hiremath <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : libnetx-java
Version : 0.5
Upstream Author : Jon A. Maxwell (JAM)
* URL or Web page : http://jnlp.sourceforge.net/netx/
* License : LGPL
Description : An open-source JNLP client
Netx is a high-quality implementation of the Java Network Launching
Protocol (JNLP). It downloads code over the network for applications
and applets, caches it, and runs it in a secure environment.
General Features of netx and JNLP:
* Quality: Highest quality open-source JNLP client.
* Modular: Easily add JNLP capabilities to any applications.
* Security: Run code in a sandbox or log its activities.
* Small Size: Loads from a ~130K JAR file.
* Auto-Update: No special code needed to auto-update apps.
* Fast startup: Runs code from a cache for fast starting.
* Saves Memory: Supports running apps in a shared JVM.
* No Browser: Runs apps and applets without a browser.
* Web Based: No installers needed to deploy an application.
Aerospace Engineering Department,
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Homepage : http://varun.travisbsd.org