Re: Is Jason Thomas MIA

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 01:08:59PM +0200, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

> It has come to my attention, that Jason Thomas has grossly neglected
> maintaining his Debian-packages. Especially outrageous state of a package
> called tidy makes me very disappointed. Latest version he has packaged is
> 20051018, but according to CVS-server latest released upstream version is
> 20070919.

Has the definition of HTML changed so much in the past two years that this
is a critical update?

> That package called tidy also has one RC-bug he has not fixed although
> patch is available. And it is 297 days old:

> http://bugs.debian.org/407833

This bug is not marked as release-critical; it's not reasonable to criticize
someone for not fixing an "RC bug" when the bug isn't listed as RC, is it?

> In addition his other packages have gazillion very old unfixed bugs:

> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=jason%40debian.org

Which is true for lots of maintainers, regardless of activity.  There are a
lot of bugs in the world.

Perhaps he is MIA, I don't know, but I don't understand why you're claiming
that the tidy package is "grossly neglected", this is simply not reflective
of the package's bug page.