Re: SPARC build failure of texlive-bin

On Do, 15 Nov 2007, Luk Claes wrote:
> This means that dh_shlibdeps was running for 150 minutes without sending
> any output to the build log. To make sure buildds won't wait forever

Yes, that I did understand, but why?

There were only a few patches added that affect the compilation process:
gcc43-compile-fix: which is two added #include <cstring>
fix segfault of dvips -z on amd64: which changes hps.c within the dvips
  sources, but has nothing to do with the shlibs.

> they stop the build proces, default it's 150 minutes, though it can be
> configured per package.

So I wonder why this could have happened?

Is it possible to start a new build process?

Best wishes

Norbert

He stood up straight and looked the world squarely in the
fields and hills. To add weight to his words he stuck the
rabbit bone in his hair. He spread his arms out wide. `I
will go mad!' he announced.
                 --- Arthur discovering a way of coping with life on
                 --- Prehistoric Earth.