parsing/using *.dsc *.changes, *.deb etc., from Python

Hi,

when writing scripts to manage Debian repository, many people
including me use Python. Is there some "official" way of doing it? It
seems to me everyone is writing his own parsers. I know about of at
least 5 different projects doing it:

1)
git-buildpackage:

/usr/share/python-support/git-buildpackage/gbp/

2)
http://www.bononia.it/~zack/blog/posts/2007/07/python_debfile.html

3)
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/python-debian

4)
http://packages.debian.org/sid/python-apt
https://edge.launchpad.net/python-apt/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-apt

5) Christoph Haas has his own at mentors.debian.net

I am just putting it here for future reference if someone tries to
unify these to spare him some time investigating the options.

Ondrej