Re: Out-of-tree kernel module popularity

Ben Hutchings wrote:
><snip>
>> Nevertheless on the user's side there is a demand for those=20
>> codecs which can be whitnessed by the broad acceptance of unofficial=20
>> repositories [see: http://popcon.debian.org/unknown/by_inst ].=20
><snip>
>
> I didn't know that table existed!  It seems like it would be useful to
> aggregate statistics for out-of-tree kernel module packages by stripping
> off the kernel version suffix.  Here's what I came up with:

Nice list! If anyone has some time, it would be valuable to work through
the list and check, which of these have been merged into Linux mainline
by now (e.g. several of the wifi drivers have) and report the missing
ones to Greg Kroah-H's driver project:
http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/twiki/bin/view

He has 310 developers at hand, who are eager to merge potential out-of-
tree drivers and such: http://www.kroah.com/log/

Cheers,
        Moritz