Re: using testing/stable/unstable names with cdebootstrap

* Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> [071008 05:46]:
> Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@researchut.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a reason to not use stable/testing/unstable as the names in
> > config/suites file ?
> >
> > Currently it only has code names like etch/lenny/sid.
> >
> > Ritesh
>
> Does it matter anywhere? You can use testing as suite name on
> invocation and it will see that testing currently is lenny and use
> that.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

This is a slightly different issue than the OP was asking about, but
last time I tried (which was not recently), apt.conf
APT::Default-Release only accepted stable/testing/unstable, not the code
names.  This is a problem, since a new release will automatically
attempt to upgrade everything without warning the next time you use
aptitude (for common scenarios, such as Default-Release "stable", both
stable and testing in sources.list).

I would like to set Default-Release to "etch" or "lenny" and then
manually change it when I am ready to upgrade after the release.

...Marvin