wxwidgets 2.8 needs help !

Hello developers,

I'm writing you this mail to be sure everybody is aware of this issue
and with the hope that someone will be interrested in fixing it ;)

wxWidgets has been released a long time ago and we're still missing it.

wx2.8 has been packaged for Ubuntu [1] so most of the initial packaging
effort could be stolen there. Moreover, I already successfully rebuild
wx2.8 from Ubuntu on Lenny without any change.

Currently, I don't have time (and skill) to maintain wx2.8, that's why
I'm asking for your help.

Current FileZilla package in debian is quite broken (beta version) but
it's too much work for me to backport patches from upstream, as they
have now switched to wx2.8.
aMule suffers of the same problem and there's is probably tones of
others package's upstreams that switched to wx2.8 or plan to do.

Despite many open bugs reports [2], current wx2.6 maintainer doesn't
really seem to be interrested in packaging wx2.8.

Anyone else ?

Best regards, Adam.

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/source/wxwidgets2.8