Re: Packaging a library that requires cross-compiled code

Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Shachar Shemesh <shachar@shemesh.biz> wrote:
>
>> I think we need a change in policy for handling cases where free
>> software requires free software in order to compile which is, non the
>> less, non buildable on the same platform.
>
> It exists already, it's called the contrib section of the archive.

No. The contrib section is for free software that requires non-free software.

However, all is free software in this thread. The problem does not come
from the license but from the difficulty to setup a correct build environment
(due to cross compilation to another architecture or another platform)