Re: Packaging a library that requires cross-compiled code

> 4) Give up and stay away from the Debian main repositories, just put
> the package up on a private package repository.

Please don't choose this way to solve the problem. Lego Mindstorms are
used a lot for education, including universities, as it is just very
easy to build objects with Lego bricks, so you have more time to think
about the code then about how to handle metal or other raw material.

Unfortunately I still have no clue about cross-compiling, but please let
me know if you need any help with the python parts. Feel free to join
#debian-python on OFTC, all questions regarding python apps/modules are
welcome there

Imho one very fast way to solve the problem would be to package all the
python tools, including fwflash - but without the actual firmware blob.
Instead you ask the people to download the file or let the tool handle
this automatically - at least this would make sure people are able to
use your tools with mindstorms while you have enough time to figure out
how to ship the precompiled firmware in a debian package. For example
you could build the firmware package on arm only and let your tools
download and extract the package.

Hope I could give you some useful hints,

Bernd

--
Bernd Zeimetz
<bernd@bzed.de>                         <http://bzed.de/>