Re: dpkg-shlibdeps and private libraries

> libswui680lp.so has an RPATH set to $ORIGIN ... which is an environment
> variable apparently defined by the openoffice startup script/program.
> This variable is not set a build time (and the code wasn't expecting
> variables at that place anyway).

I don't think $ORIGIN is an environment variable. AFAIK, the sun linker
is using that keyword to specify that you want to use an RPATH relative
to the location of the binary, which is pretty handy for
deploying/moving not packaged local software that is dynamically linked.

According to http://linuxreviews.org/man/ld.so/, the linux ld.so
supports the same feature. However, I did not find this piece in the
debian manpage, nor in the upstream documentation.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4