Changing name of source package

hi,

I just want to double check that changing the name of a source package
can be done as I anticipate it.
I would like to change the name of the source package php4-ps into
php-ps. php4-ps creates two binary packages php4-ps and php5-ps.
The new source package php-ps will only create php5-ps because
php4 will be dropped anyway in the near future.

>From what I have read so far, it should be sufficient to upload the
new source package which takes over the binary package php5-ps.
Is it required to wait for a new upstream version or can I simply
push up the debian version from 1.3.5-1 to 1.3.5-2?

  Uwe

--
  MMK GmbH, Fleyer Str. 196, 58097 Hagen
  Uwe.Steinmann@mmk-hagen.de