Re: How to detect if inside a buildd chroot

On 25/09/2007 Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> does somebody know about a solution to check whether one runs in a
> buildd chroot or not? I need this to prevent hal from starting in buildd
> chroots (via invoke-rc.d from postinst) as it breaks there because of
> several reasons, including no /sys mounted.

I tought that this should be handled by invoke-rc.d itself. The manpage
states that:

	invoke-rc.d introduces the concept of a policy layer which is
	used to verify if an init script should be run or not, or if
	something else should be done instead. This layer has various
	uses, the most immediate ones being avoiding that package
	upgrades start daemons out-of-runlevel, and that a package
	starts or stops daemons while inside a chroot jail.

So my assumption was that invoke-rc.d detects if it's invoked inside a
chroot, and doesn't start the service in that case.

greetings,
 jonas