Re: Proposal regarding future packaging

On Thu September 20 2007 09:25:23 pm Oleg Verych (Gmane) wrote:
> 19-09-2007, Bruce Sass:
> > I'm hoping the dpkg "triggers" functionality Ian Jackson has been
> > working on will help solve that wart though.
>
> How exactly?

Exactly? I don't know. I haven't followed what is happening close
enough.

Basically, it allows a package to toss up a flag saying, `I'm here and
<something> needs to be done.' It may require some convention and a
little more infrastructure, but that is close to letting a package say,
`add these paths to the list of paths which I control.'

- Bruce