Re: Proposal regarding future packaging

Ken Spath wrote:
> Proposal regarding future packaging:
>
> Add an additional manual page to new/future/updated packages that is
> the same as the package name. IF and only IF there would NOT be a
> conflict with an existant necessary manual page AND IF there is no
> binary in a package that is the same as the package name.

I like this idea, especially if there were a short description about each
program and relevent configuration files.

% man foo

   foo2oof: Turns foo into oof
   oof2foo: Returns oof to foo
   foo.cgi: Foo translator suitable as a CGI

   foo.rc: Site-wide settngs for foo-bin and oof-bin

   SEE ALSO:
     foo2oof(1), oof2foo(1), foo.cgi(1), foo.rc(5)

This will work in xman a lot better than dpkg -L. This is also
value-added over dpkg -L.

--
John H. Robinson, IV          jaqque@debian.org
                                                                 http  ((((