Re: There interest in emacs-snapshot. Is there sense to have it?

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 03:31:42PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> Hi Romain and DDevelopers,
>
> I was wondering if there is any sense/intent to reincarnate
> emacs-snapshot in experimental or unstable.
>
> On the way to emacs23 there are quite a few of nice features had
> been introduced already -- such as multi-TTY support. I am eager to give
> a try but I am somewhat lazy/busy to do it non-Debian way. It would
> be really nice if emacs-snapshot comes back to existence.
>
> Thanks in advance for any opinion

I heard that upstream doesn't like distributors to package unreleased versions
of emacs (I assume either because of the support burden or because bugs in
these snapshots might affect their reputation).

I would suggest getting in touch with them first to see what they think.

--
Robert Millan

(as seen on /.)