Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:39:05 -0400, Nathanael Nerode
<neroden@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>Non-free material is being included in main for the benefit of *precisely zero*
>users.  There's no two ways about this: this is a Social Contract violation.

>I guess the Social Contract really is a joke.  I don't know why new applicants
>are supposed to agree to it.  Old members apparently violate it at will for years
>with no consequences.

>It doesn't make me respect Debian very much.

Developers you have, are better than developers you don't have.  The
ones you have, make Debian what it is.  If reality doesn't match the
theory, change the theory, not the reality.

An obsession with "freedom" that insists on removing RFCs from source
tarballs, is absurd.  Why not change the contract.

--
Internet service
http://www.isp2dial.com/