Re: Building packages three times in a row

Am Montag, 10. September 2007 22:34:52 schrieb Patrick Winnertz:
> Hi,
>
> as a QA effort the whole archive was rebuilt over the weekend to catch
> build-failures, whether a package can be build three tmes in a row
> (unpack, build, clean, build,clean, build).
> This is the second effort to get rid of those issues. The first effort
> was announced by Martin-Zobel Helas on 16 May 2007 [0].
>
> We found again about 400 packages not having a sane clean target.
>
> To cite
> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-debianrules
>
> clean
>
>     This must undo any effects that the build and binary targets may
> have had, except that it should leave alone any output files created
> in the parent directory by a run of a binary target.
>
> We'll fill bug reports against every package that FTBFS in this way with
> Severity: Important.
>
> Furthermore we detect some issues with different package content
> (compared to the first build) after the second and third build. This
> bugs will have Severity: Serious.
>
> You'll find after we at the end all filled bugs either here [1] or here
> [2].
>
> Please note that building a package twice in a row is a release goal for
> lenny.
>
> Greetings
> Patrick Winnertz
>

> [0]:http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2007/05/msg00490.html
> [1]:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-qa@lists.d
>ebian.org;tag=qa-doublebuild
> [2]:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-qa@lists.d
>ebian.org;tag=qa-debdiff-differ
Mmpf... I've to correct the third link... there is a small typo.

You can see the filled bug reports with a different package content after
the build here:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-qa@lists.debian.org;tag=qa-debdiff

Thanks.

Greetings