Re: RFC: changes to default password strength checks in pam_unix

> Right, I know there are going to be use cases where 6 is too long for the
> minimum length, and users will need to lower the setting in
> /etc/pam.d/common-password.  Do you think we need to provide some hook for
> these Debian Edu users to change the setting automatically, via preseeding
> or otherwise, or do you think users this is a corner case even within Debian
> Edu?

Well, yesterday I was just about to suggest some debconfization of the
password minimum length (low priority question).

You just added some debconf crap to pam (now with the best English
wording ever...), so adding a few more should be easy. That would
certainly help CDD to preseed the question for their own needs.