Re: RFC: dropping Linux capabilities support from pam_limits (bug #440130)

Hi Steve,

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> For a long time, the Debian pam package has been carrying a local patch to
> add support for Linux capabilities in pam_limits.  While catching up on bug
> triage work on the package, I've come to the conclusion that this
> functionality is broken, useless, and that no one actually uses it;

Sorry for this, maybe stupid, question, but how else can I change the
limits for an user? I see no other way than wrap the login shell with a
script that sets the limits.

Regards, Jörg.
“Unfortunately, the current generation of mail programs do not have
 checkers to see if the sender knows what he is talking about”
            (Andrew S. Tanenbaum)