xerces28

I have uploaded xerces-c 2.8.0 rc1 to experimental as xerces28.  Their
release cycle was very fast, so during the (quite acceptable amount
of) time it took xerces28 to clear NEW, upstream has already frozen
for the 2.8.0 release which is expected out in the next few weeks.  If
you use xerces27, please try xerces28 instead.  You can either grab
the package from experimental or wait for the upload to sid.  I have
attempted to contact maintainers of packages that depend upon xerces27
in separate email.  xerces27 and xerces28 can coexist in debian as we
have done with past xerces releases since it tends to happen that some
particularly tightly integrated packages like libxml-xerces-perl and
xalan only work properly with one specific version of xerces.  It is
my intention to request removal of xerces27 before lenny releases if
at all possible.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>