format not recognized

I'm getting this warning when building csound:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of 'NEEDED libcsnd.so' not recognized

What does it mean and how can I fix it? man dpkg-shlibdeps doesn't say
anything, and I can objdump libcsnd.so without any trouble.

I tried to read the source and apparently it can't parse the file because it
doesn't have a SONAME, but my perl knowledge is very close to zero so I
can't be sure (lines 197-210 of dpkg-shlibdeps).

--

  Felipe Sateler