Re: Request for ideas how to fix #297074

[Marcin Owsiany]
> What happens in step 3 is that vim looks at an ascii-only file (since
> msgids are in POSIX locale) and when the user inputs the translation in
> her own language, the editor decides to use encoding B (since it's the
> locale default).
>
> Then in step 5 poedit merges the original (in encoding A) and the
> temporary (in encoding B) creating a broken and a difficult to fix file
> with different parts in differing encodings.

Uh ... I suppose you could add vim metadata to comments at the top of
the temporary file, telling it to use a particular encoding.  I forget
the format vim uses for that.  Might also include a -*- tag for emacs.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/