debian/copyright machine-interpretable: how about the patches in the diff.gz ?

Le Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 07:17:59PM +0200, Sam Hocevar a écrit :
>    Hello, I would like to gather comments about a proposal I have been
> thinking about during the GPLv2/v3 and GPLv2/CDDL discussions. I have
> finally written down what I have in mind here, and refined it with the
> help of many people on IRC:
>
>      http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat

Dear Sam,

Nice proposal !

Here are two comments which I hope can help to enhance it:

 - To be really accurate about the copyright of the packaging work, it
   should also mention the patches in the diff.gz which are applied on
   the main sources.

 - One drawback of the greedy approach for organising the Files fields
   is that the most important copyright - the one of the programs which
   gives to the package its raison d'être - will never be at the top of
   the list.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy