Re: Thoughts about bts reassign

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>   When a bug filed against a package turns out to be a bug in one of the
> dependencies (including implicit ones, such as the kernel and so on...),
> instead of simply reassigning the bug to the faulty package

 It's not always a good idea to do as your propose as sometimes a bug in
 one package affects a lot of packages; what do you think of these
 alternate proposals:
 - display "ghost" bugs on the packages which were recently reassigned
   from (ie if you reassign a bug from X to Y, package X still displays
   it for some time) => this could be done on bugs.d.o, I don't know
   whether it's complex to implement
 - search through all recently reported bugs when submitting new bugs
   (instead of just presenting the list of bugs in the package one
   reports the bug against) => this would have to be implemented in all
   bug reporting tools, but might need some bugs.d.o changes as well

--
Loïc Minier