Bug#435823: ITP: volpack -- fast volume rendering library
Owner: Andreas Tille <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : volpack
Version : 1.0b3
Upstream Author : Philippe Lacroute <email@example.com>
* URL : http://graphics.stanford.edu/software/volpack/
* License : free (see below)
Programming Lang: C
Description : fast volume rendering library
VolPack is a software library for fast, high-quality volume rendering with
* Renders data sampled on a regular, three-dimensional grid.
* Supports user-specified transfer functions for both opacity and color.
* Provides a shading model with directional light sources, multiple material
types with different reflective properties, depth cueing, and shadows.
* Produces color (24 bits/pixel) or grayscale (8 bits/pixel) renderings,
with or without an alpha channel.
* Supports arbitrary affine view transformations.
* Supports a flexible data format that allows an arbitrary C structure to be
associated with each voxel.
VolPack is covered by the following copyright notice:
Copyright (c) 1994 The Board of Trustees of The Leland Stanford
Junior University. All rights reserved.
Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and its
documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided
that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
all copies of this software and that you do not sell the software.
Commercial licensing is available by contacting the author.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Thanks to Michael Hanke <firstname.lastname@example.org> some packaging
work was started. I'm currently changing his work to enabling statically
and dynamically linked libraries.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (501, 'testing'), (50, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.17-1-686 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=de_DE@euro, LC_CTYPE=de_DE@euro (charmap=ISO-8859-15)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash