Re: Prevent pdebuild from removing temporary build dir

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 02:17:23PM -0700, Jérémie Corbier wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 10:53:10PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > I would like to keep pbuilder the temporary build directory to
> > be able to inspect the library and what went different compared
> > to a build using dbuild.  Unfortunately I did not found a
> > command line option to keep the temporary build dir.
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> How about using pbuilder hooks?  Something like $hookdir/C01_shell:
>
> --- 8< ---
> #!/bin/sh
>
> cd /tmp/buildd/*/debian/..
> /bin/sh < /dev/tty > /dev/tty
> --- 8< ---

  you may even want to have some usable env, and enhance it that way:

    ┌─(23:26)────
    └[artemis] cat .pbuilder/C10_launch_shell
    #!/bin/sh
    # invoke shell if build fails.

    echo "I: installing necessary tools to work in the damn chroot"
    apt-get install -y --force-yes vim zsh &>/dev/null
    dpkg --purge nvi

    cd /tmp/buildd/*/debian/..

    /bin/zsh < /dev/tty > /dev/tty

--