Re: Non-security updates between stable releases?

Hi,

Would a combination of backports.org (for
etch-backports) and etch security updates, not take
care of this for you?

You would get fairly up to date packages built for
etch, and still have a viable upgrade option when the
next release comes.

- Lawrence

That may work OK for me, though you'd still miss some significant things (GNOME would be stuck on 2.14) and what I am mostly suggesting is that there should be a better official Debian solution for the end-user.

I could always work on backporting Gnome 2.18, though :)  But that depends on whether I ultimately decide to use Debian or Ubuntu (or FreeBSD, or some other OS) in my own case.

Tim