Re: Is Andrew Lau (netsnipe) MIA?

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:

Hi dato,

> * Miles Bader [Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:57:42 +0900]:
>
>> The openexr package also seems to be fairly out of date -- the current
>> debian version is 1.2.2 (from 2005); the latest release version (from
>> savannah.nongnu.org) is 1.5.0.
>
>> [I filed a wishlist bug saying this about 6 months ago, with no reply yet.]
>
> I've been pondering becoming a co-maintainer of this package for a while
> now. I may upload the new version in the near future, if nobody else
> beats me to it.

I was planning on orphaning cinepaint, cupsys-pt and openexr and
asking getting debian-qa to adopt them.

Given that Andrew Lau has been MIA for nearly a year and a half, I
don't see a problem if you wanted to hijack openexr.  I have attempted
to contact Andrew, but have not yet received a reply.  cinepaint
probably needs removing; it's very buggy and is dead upstream.  I will
probably request its removal in a month or so, barring any contact
with Andrew.  cupsys-pt could be adopted by the Debian Printing Group,
but as this is also another legacy GTK+-1.2 application with no
upstream, it should probably also be removed.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh