Re: New Debian Menu & Apps/Tools

Hi,
* Linas Žvirblis <0x0007@gmail.com> [2007-07-24 12:33]:
> Russ Allbery wrote:
[...]
> > I do see the need for some sort of general category for that kind of
> > thing.  Applications/Tools is way too general-sounding, though, and I
> > agree with removing that.
>
> What about System/Administration? It fits there because a) it changes
> the way your desktop environment behaves, and b) you would usually only
> start it once per session.
[...]
I don't really have a better section proposal but I don't
really think it fits there because I would not search for a
general user tool in a section for root tools. Also the
change of desktop behaviour in my opinion is not a
"system-change". I really think the only sane thing is to
ask for Applications/Tools in this case also because alot of
other X applications will have the same problem.

If this is no option my favorite would be
Applications/System combined with a Hints field.

Kind regards
Nico

--
Nico Golde - http://ngolde.de - nion@jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0x73647CFF