Re: Looking for new FTP assistants

> Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:40:27 +0200

> Maybe is it time to adopt some required tags in the mail subjects to filter
> spamming activities? Something already adopted for the RT system indeed.

I also am thinking about something new in anti-spam case.

While i'm newbie, let me express the idea.
Doing bcc to watch dogs, where those are

  separate for mailing lists, bts, whatever else; with special syntax
  of the address (or addresses) in the bcc field, because only they appear
  in a message's envelope-to header

This require some work from sender's side, how is using plain MUA<->ML
interaction. For things like Gmane or reportbug anti-spam rules are
customizable and known at least.

Subject is a content-describing thing, thus is not appropriate for
filtering IMHO. I even wanted to propose to include package/subsystem
name to messages resent to developer's or general (like all bugs) MLs
to have easy way of filtering info i'm not interested.

Finally X-Bug-Title will be also very useful, because i can participate
to topic known to me faster without going to bts via http or other means,
where i can have needed info right here.
--
-o--=O`C
 #oo'L O