Re: Please all dependency info into your init.d script

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
The current proposal is to document dependencies in the init.d scripts
themselves (or override files while we wait for the init.d scripts to
be updated), and then replace the update-rc.d program with a program
that take these dependencies into account when creating the symlinks
in /etc/rc*.d/.  This will fix a few long-standing bugs in the current
boot and shutdown sequence.

What about circular dependencies that must be broken differently
depending on the admin configuration ?

For example, looking at openvpn and nfs :
* On some machines, openvpn must depend (perhaps not directly) on nfs
  if /usr is nfs-mounted
* On other machines, nfs must depend on openvpn because openvpn is
  needed to reach the nfs server

This is the first example that come to my mind. I am sure we can find
lots of other similar examples.
How should this be solved with static headers dependencies ?

  Best regards,
    Vincent